Sunday, April 8, 2012

IMM 33

ARC:

 Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross

+April 10th, 2012

+Thank you EgmontUSA!


Mirabelle's past is shrouded in secrecy, from her parents' tragic deaths to her guardians' half-truths about why she can't return to her birthplace, Beau Rivage. Desperate to see the town, Mira runs away a week before her sixteenth birthday—and discovers a world she never could have imagined. In Beau Rivage, nothing is what it seems—the strangely pale girl with a morbid interest in apples, the obnoxious playboy who's a beast to everyone he meets, and the chivalrous guy who has a thing for damsels in distress. Here, fairy tales come to life, curses are awakened, and ancient stories are played out again and again. But fairy tales aren't pretty things, and they don't always end in happily ever after. Mira has a role to play, a fairy tale destiny to embrace or resist. As she struggles to take control of her fate, Mira is drawn into the lives of two brothers with fairy tale curses of their own . . . brothers who share a dark secret. And she'll find that love, just like fairy tales, can have sharp edges and hidden thorns 

Bought: 

 The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne 

Barnes and Noble Leather Bound Classics













  The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett 

Barnes and Noble Leather Bound Classics












  Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Barnes and Noble Leather Bound Classics

11 comments:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

Love how you have some classics in your IMM pile. I love The Secret Garden! + New GFC Follower!
Here's my IMM :)

-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

You got a lot of nice books this week. Kill Me Softly sounds really good.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Reve @ YA Books said...

Ahhh, so jealous of your Kill Me Softly copy! I think it's one of the books I'm looking forward to the most this spring.

New follower here :).

My IMM @ YA Books

Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada said...

Do I see Kill Me Softly? You're so lucky!! Ahhh! Hope you have fun reading this week!
------
Giselle from booknerd.ca
In My Mailbox

Pocketful of Books said...

Oooo interesting haul! Kill Me Softly looks great- loving the cover! The covers of those classics are gorgeous too! I love them all- The Scarlet Letter is very interesting. I recently read a dystopian retelling called 'When She Woke' by Hillary Jordan so if you like this you might want to check that one out too!

New follower :-)

My IMM: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox_07.html#more

GatheringBooks said...

Nice! You have classic books here. I recalled reading The Scarlet Letter for my humanities class before and the paper I had to write about it. And of course The Secret Garden and Peter Pan = Lovelovelove. Enjoy those fascinating reads. Sure to be enriching.

Here's mine over at GatheringBooks:
http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/in-my-mailbox-42-the-science-fiction-and-hardcore-fantasy-edition/

Unknown said...

Nice haul this week, loving the classics :) Enjoy!

Shortskie @ Rondo of a Possible World
My Mailbox

Hazal said...

*Gasps* I NEED to get my hands on Kill me Softly. It is a must-read for me this year.

Sarah@Catching Books said...

Awesome books this week!! I actually really enjoyed The Scarlet Letter!! I hope you like it and I hope you enjoy your reads :D


Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

Nikki S said...

So jealous of Kill Me Softly! It sounds so good! Can't wait to read your review of it!

Here's my IMM: Take Me Away... On the Pages of Your Story

Jennifer said...

Nice list of books. Kill Me Softly is one I'm dying to read. It sounds really interesting. Enjoy!